Now that the dust has settled on the Ronaldo story (at least until he actually signs) I wanted to go back to something that bothered me about last week’s on-field action. Former England striker Jimmy Greaves summed it up quite well at half-time during England’s 6-0 thrashing of Andorra in a World Cup qualifier. “Have you ever [...]
Source: feeds.reuters.com
China's growing rich poor gap
Mar. 7 - China's economy may be booming but not everyone is getting rich.
Source: feeds.reuters.com
Hey Fred, there’s a weakling at the door!
Quick quiz: It’s late one evening. You’re going door-to-door selling cheap homemade lunchmeat, and these three guys open the door. You say to them… a) “I smell oil. You guys frying something?” b) You gladiators ain’t welcome around here!” c) “I could look like that myself, if I was nuts.” d) “Is this a house full of Libertarians?” e) “Do you [...]
Quick quiz: It’s late one evening. You’re going door-to-door selling cheap homemade lunchmeat, and these three guys open the door.
You say to them…
a) “I smell oil. You guys frying something?”
b) You gladiators ain’t welcome around here!”
c) “I could look like that myself, if I was nuts.”
d) “Is this a house full of Libertarians?”
e) “Do you have a minute to talk about the Lord?”
Just do it. Join the Oddly Enough blog network
Follow this blog on Twitter at rbasler
Competitors watch a performance from backstage during the Hong Kong Bodybuilding Championships, June 14, 2009. REUTERS/ Aaron Tam
Source: feeds.reuters.com
World Cup is golden opportunity for Africa — if it succeeds
The countdown has begun for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, an event, now only a year away, that could change perceptions about the whole continent and show the globe a festival of sport that reverses obstinate stereotypes of a region in constant crisis and violence. Africans are deeply frustrated by the tendency of foreigners, [...]
Source: feeds.reuters.com
It don’t get no stupider than this!
I apologize. I recently declared the marriage countdown bra the stupidest idea on earth, but I may have spoken too soon, now that I'm aware of the beer bike.
Blog Guy, I know you declared that wedding countdown bra to be the worst idea ever. Now that we have a winner, are you finished watching for other stupid stuff?
Hardly. In fact, I may have spoken too soon. The beer bike, which is a tourist thing over in the Dutch Holland Netherlands, may be even more lame than the bra.
Tourists get on and pedal it, while drinking beer and singing karaoke. I’m serious.
Here are photos of it. ALL the tourists are facing the bar and karaoke machine while moving through one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It’s wasted on them, because they’d rather drink beer and sing “Country Roads.”
You’re right, Blog Guy, that is a LOT stupider than the countdown bra. Can you just imagine…
Shhhhhh! Sorry, I’m trying to calculate if one of those North Korean karaoke-seeking missiles might be able to get all the way to the Dutch Holland Netherlands.
Reach for the stars. Join the Oddly Enough blog network
Follow this blog on Twitter at rbasler
Tourists cycle as they drink beer and sing karaoke on a beer bike in Amsterdam June 12, 2009. The beer bike is a mobile, pedal-powered bar. REUTERS/Robin van Lonkhuijsen/United Photos
Source: feeds.reuters.com
Labels:
0 comments:
Post a Comment